TCP2RTU WiFi is a transparent both directions converter of the MODBUS TCP protocol, running over WiFi, into the MODBUS RTU/ASCII protocol, running over RS232, RS485 and RS422 lines.
The converter communicates via WiFi and is powered by an external adapter. A power output terminal for external devices is also available. The output can be switched on and off together with other parameters via the web interface.
TCP2RTU WiFi is part of a durable metal design - a DIN rail mount can also be ordered as an accessory.
- Modbus TCP > Modbus RTU: Master (TCP) in Ethernet addresses the slave (RTU) device on the serial port of the converter.
- Modbus TCP > Modbus ASCII: Master (TCP) in Ethernet addresses the slave (ASCII) device on the serial port of the converter.
- Modbus TCP < Modbus RTU:
- The converter behaves like a Modbus RTU Slave with Modbus ID setting on the serial line.
- The data from the serial line in the Modbus RTU protocol is converted by the converter to Ethernet to the Modbus TCP protocol.
- The Modbus ID can be set to 0 - then the converter converts all received data to Modbus TCP on Ethernet - or to 1 to 247 and then the converter converts to Modbus TCP only the data for this set ID.
- Modbus TCP < Modbus ASCII: Same as the previous case, except that the Modbus ASCII protocol is on the serial line
- HTTP GET: Allows you to write and read data from Modbus RTU devices using http GET requests. For example set.xml?id=31&inst=4&adr=123&val=32752 writes with the instruction code 0x04 to the device with ID 31 to the address 123 the value 32752. This function will be added only in the next firmware version. The function will also upload to the current hardware version.
- Both directions serial line converter with Modbus RTU / ASCII to Modbus TCP via WiFi.
- Power supply from an external adapzer 11 to 58 V.
- Power output for connected 5, 9, 12 or 24 V - can only be switched on and off via the web interface.
- The power supply is galvanically separated from other parts of the device.
- Easy configuration via web interface.
- Switchable RS232 or RS485 interface.
- Used used RS232: RxD, TxD, RTS, CTS, GND.
- Used used RS485: RxTx +, RxTx-.
- Power indication, network data transmission, connection and activity.
Datasheet / Manual of TCP2RTU WiFi
File size: 1 MB
- Ethernet Configurator: It allows you to set-up your device even from another network range. It can set basic network parameters even for a device in a different subnet than your PC has.