Anemometer for Papago METEO. Wind speed measurement up to 89 m/s. Complete sensor including mounting accessories for mounting on pole or pipe. Anemometer arm with 12 m of cable.
- Mechanical sensor
- Cable length: 12 m
- Operating temperature: -40 to +65 °C
- Wind direction accuracy: ±3°
- Wind speed range: 0.5 to 89 m/s
- Wind speed accuracy: 1 m/s or ±5%, whichever is greater
- Wind cups diameter: 43 mm
- Installation on a pole, post, pipe or surface
- Mounting holes are 32 to 44 mm apart that allow the anemometer to be attached on a wooden post or surface. With the supplied U-bolts, the anemometer can be mounted on a pole having an outside diameter ranging from 32 to 44 mm.
- To ensure correct orrientation of the wind vane, mount the anemometer so that the arm points true north.
- For best results, place the anemometer at least 2 m above surrounding obstruction such as trees or buildings that obstruct wind flow.
- If mounting on a roof, mount the anemometer at least 2 m above the roof apex.
- The standard for meteorological and aviation applications is to place the anemometer 10 m above the ground Seek professional help for this type of installation.
- The standard for agricultural application is to place the anemometer 2 m above the ground. This is important for evapotranspiration (ET) calculations.